Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12/21 @ Rocky Glen (ILL/S.E. Wisc) Cancelled. CLOSED!!

I know I threw it out there a while back but wondering if anyone is interested in riding at Rocky Glen in Rockford this Saturday 12/21? With the snow and possibly more to come, it should be a great day to ride. Anyone? It is possibly their last day of the year to be open according to the email message I received.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would love to , but the wife has plans for us up north. you doing any riding sunday? Im new to area and want to do the cheese trail. Maybe Sunday

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could do Sunday, that is why I chose Saturday. However, I'd be up for a day on the Cheese Trails. However, if I do, I'll bring my 3 wheeler there. Been there once with the Polaris and it's just not for me with the quad. The 3 wheeler would be more fun but I'd definitely join you one day. Problem is, probably have to wait till the new year some time. Heading South for the Holidays next week for about a week or so.

The trails are about 2 1/2 hours away from me too. Not really too convenient but that's alright. Maybe the Dungood trails if you're up for it over the next few months. Haven't been there but heard it's worth it to go. They are pretty much open all year round too. They have a site that will let you know whether or not they are open.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, cancel this ride too. They just announced that they are gonna be closed due to the bad weather. And, they are gonna be closed for the rest of the season they presume.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like a plan. dungood, sounds and looks cool. I looked it up, quite a ways up there for me but, ill drive as long as I can ride.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. It's about that timeframe for me as well I believe. Didn't really map it out yet but I imagine 5-6 hours for sure. I know that there were a few others on here looking to do those trails as well. I'm thinking a month or so I guess to organize this and see what we can come up with. I'll keep you posted and see what I can come up with over the next several weeks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds good, I looked up the area and theres a rental place for 65 bucks a night for those coming from down south like me. I might just rent a cabin and it sleeps a few ppl so could actually get a cpl days of riding out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was our plan too, that is, if we ever make it up there. I also emailed the president of the Dun-Good Riders club and I have his phone number as well. He said to email or call him whenever to check the status on the trails since they occasionally close at times due to weather/trail conditions. But, our plan was to definitely ride the trails for a few days for sure. I'm speaking for a buddy of mine here too since I've been referring to "our" plans. I may have one of our other friends joining us as well if we decide to go. I'll definitely keep you in mind when we start talking about setting a date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts