Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have 12in vision buckshot wheels on my scrambler and 25x8x12 on the front and 25x10x12 on the back and they do awesome no lack of power and it could still drag the grab bar it looks awesome as soon as i can figure out how to post pics i will

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have 12in vision buckshot wheels on my scrambler and 25x8x12 on the front and 25x10x12 on the back and they do awesome no lack of power and it could still drag the grab bar it looks awesome as soon as i can figure out how to post pics i will
I thought the wad wouldn't work on a scrambler if the front and rear tires were the same size?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought the wad wouldn't work on a scrambler if the front and rear tires were the same size?
my mechanic who knos alot about them said it would be fine if you only put it in fourwheel drive when you were in the mud and what not where you would be spinning it wouldnt make that big a difference but for an extra ptrecaution since mine is a 96 model its all chain drive so i took the rearsprocket and made it one tooth larger he said that would make up for the difference and shouldnt cause any problems

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where did you get the rear sprocket?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i ordered it from my parts dealer hes in central city ky off road action hes the one who had told me all this i can get his number if you want im sure he ships and hes the cheapest on part that you can find anywhere but he doesnt like polaris at all hates getting parts for them only some stuff you can get from him likes chains sprockets wheels and tires small stuff and if you need any wheel and tire sets cheap he can get them really cheap

·
Registered
29 Posts
i ordered it from my parts dealer hes in central city ky off road action hes the one who had told me all this i can get his number if you want im sure he ships and hes the cheapest on part that you can find anywhere but he doesnt like polaris at all hates getting parts for them only some stuff you can get from him likes chains sprockets wheels and tires small stuff and if you need any wheel and tire sets cheap he can get them really cheap
Yeah, get me his contact info.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
hit-the-gas.com advertises a wheel adapter to run 12" rims. I know nothing about scramblers, so I'm not sure how the adapter actually works, but I though I'd pass the info along.

I order from them all the time, there prices on OEM stuff is great, shipping is fast as hell for me too (but I'm only 1 state away).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, get me his contact info.
270-338-7700 he works monday thru friday i think and opens at 8:30 am closes at 4:30 or 5

·
Registered
45 Posts
hit-the-gas.com advertises a wheel adapter to run 12" rims. I know nothing about scramblers, so I'm not sure how the adapter actually works, but I though I'd pass the info along.

I order from them all the time, there prices on OEM stuff is great, shipping is fast as hell for me too (but I'm only 1 state away).
you can do the adapter but its easier and cheaper just to by wheels with the correct bolt pattern like the ones from vision wheel

·
Registered
7 Posts
12" rims

for my Scrammy I got a set of rear wheel hubs off of a 03 predator. They have the 23 tooth spline to fit the axle and have the 4/156 bolt pattern. That pattern opens up a lot more options for rims. I have a set of no limits revolvers on mine, but it is still tricky to find the right offset for the rear. Mine are 3+5 for rear and 4+3 front. You do have to do a little grinding on the preddy hubs for the castle nut to go all the way on but it took me 5 min per hub so no biggy.. I also looked at the adapters but they were over $250 for 2 and my hubs were 75 shipped for the pair.

good luck hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts