Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a couple days ago we were heading out for a ride and just as I would slow down almost to a stop I’m hearing some clicking coming from the front diff. I drove it for a while and it was annoying the hell out of me so I decided to switch to AWD and it went away. Back to 2wd and it’s there again. So I decided to keep going in AWD and then eventually I got a check engine light come on. Switch to 2wd and engine light immediately goes away, and clicking returns. Switch to AWD noise goes away and check engine light comes back on again. At the end of the day the the front diff sounded louder than what I thought it should but I may have been hearing things lol

Codes I got are 25 and 61

Any ideas and of course we have plans made for end of July and hopefully can get parts before.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,943 Posts
61 tells you the ECU is done going through it diagnostics.
25 is the tranny mission sensor is reading the wrong gear.

Drain the diff fluid and inspect it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Got a chance to lift it up tonight and drive it on jack stands. I have a noise coming from the front u joint. I will order up some for the front and rear. I plan on draining the front diff oil tomorrow and see what’s in there.

Also I did reset the code 25 and it eventually returned without a check engine light. I was just driving around my local street in 2wd and AWD. Is this something to we worried about?

·
Premium Member
9,943 Posts
No but you most likely need the gear selector switch located on the transaxle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drained the front diff oil tonight and it was normal. Just normal amount of stuff on the magnet. Looks like I may have have 2 probs. One being the u joints and one for the gear selector.

I have ordered the u joints and since I never had a check engine light since the reset I’ll try it one more trip and if it comes back I’ll replace the selector switch.

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
9,943 Posts
Sounds like a good plan!! Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Changed the u joints and the noise went away. The check engine light came back on, and now it’s been off for a few days.

Now I have a clicking/metal on metal noise when I accelerate hard from dead stop. My right rear cv axle was a little loose so I replaced it to see if thats the culprit and re-greased the prop shaft again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts