Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a slow leak in my rear right tire since my last outting in early august. I have been monitoring the px compared to the other tires and this one leaks slowly--Maybe a psi in a few days. Its not a huge leak but none the less. Others were set and stayed the same. Today I removed the tire and rim, inflated it to 20 psi and got out the soapy H2O looking for a leak--couldn't find a thing.. Now what do I do next beside leaving it---I prefer not to slime or tire fix the tire/rim. Short of removing the tire from the rim and cleaning the rim bead area and putting it back on, is there anything else I am missing?

Also what pressure do you guys ride with...manual and decal say 5 psi but should I be going higher?

Thx and cheers

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Tire valve?

I know you said you don't want to remove the tire from the rim... Life is full of things that you don't want to do but simply are required... ;)

I would remove the bead, (UN seat only) CLEAN tire bead and rim with something like a scotch brite pad. You could use a bead sealer or even silicone to seal the bead to the rim.

CW

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the replies!!!

I never said I didn't want to break the bead and clean it. I said I didn't want to use slim if possible. I am not opposed to anything really, just looking for options..

What about pressure???What are you guys running?

Thanks again..

Cheers

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Agree, clean the bead, apply some bead sealer and reseat it. I run 8-9 psi in the xp on carlise act II and 7 psi in the Spartacus on my 500.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hey thanks for the replies!!!

I never said I didn't want to break the bead and clean it. I said I didn't want to use slim if possible. I am not opposed to anything really, just looking for options..

What about pressure???What are you guys running?

Thanks again..

Cheers
On my 2012 800 I run 3.5- 4 on the stock tires.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey
I'm running 4.5 psi on a set of 26inch Sedona Ripsaws..

·
Super Moderator
7,092 Posts
5 psi is fine for your tires. I wouldn't go higher than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts