Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the rear torsion bar and their links to the a arms. Are they supposed to be almost perfectly straight or slightly on an angle? My left one is tipped a bit. Right side is straight up and down

Let me know what yours look like. Maybe I have a bushing worn or maybe it needs to be loosened off and repositioned and retightened

Let me know what you all think

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,620 Posts
I'm on my third set of torsion bar end link bushings. They took a lot of abuse until I went with hd springs. The bushings don't want to stay aligned, they rotated a little. As far as the arms that attach the links to the torsion bar they will eventually loosen up and have a Slight tilt to them. For piece of mind give the arm's bolt a check to make sure it hasn't loosened up on u.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Take them right off you only need them for high speed riding and it makes a substantial difference not having them in the mud.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm on my third set of torsion bar end link bushings. They took a lot of abuse until I went with hd springs. The bushings don't want to stay aligned, they rotated a little. As far as the arms that attach the links to the torsion bar they will eventually loosen up and have a Slight tilt to them. For piece of mind give the arm's bolt a check to make sure it hasn't loosened up on u.
Hey thx. So if I get what you are saying is the link bushing on mine is shot. So they need to be replaced. Does anyone make a better bushing than polaris? I was assuming I would get more than 800 miles before bushings went. Oh well

I tried to attach the parts diagram of the t-bar. Looks like I need item 9

As for the other part, the arm from link to t bar couldn't you just replace the bushing in there and fix that tilt?

What springs should I get to stop this from happening? Coil I just dial up spring pressure a bit?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,620 Posts
Yes u need 8-#9's

The bushing between the tube and torsion bar usually is ok. The tilt comes from the metal to metal contact of the torsion bar and arm. It's just normal ware.

I went with epi hd rear springs because I had the rears turned up all the way and still had to much squat under hard throttle and upper speed whoops/water dams. That torsion bar is acting to much like a spring that's why the bushings are getting warn out so quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts