Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently snorkeled (Triangle ATV) and rad relocated (RDC) my atv. I took it out to test it and it worked fine almost all day. After a while it would randomly die in water and on dry land. Figured out the battery terminal was loose. When i got that fixed the idle was at 900, I adjusted it back to between 1200-1400 like its supposed to be. Now the atv will idle fine and run fine until around 2200-2500 rpm. At that rpm range it will loose power. If i try to apply more throttle at that rpm range the atv will instantly die. If i let off of the throttle during that rpm range the atv will return back to an idle. I will admit that my airbox leaked and got water into it ( about an inch) it wasnt enough to reach the intake tube but it did get my filter wet. The filter is now cleaned and the airbox is free of water. Please help, I dont know what to do about this problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
iv got the same problem your airfilter must be dry not even slightly damp.. I bought an K&N air filter but it dont like that one either so had to put the old one back in runs like a dream im just tryin to figure out why i cant use my K&N one!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The snorkel is probably letting more air in than before and you are Running lean. Need to put in a bigger main jet in carb. Or maybe even a dynojet kit.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
How's your plug looking?? Black and sooty, white, gray??

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
is it easy to tune?

I think it's easier than mapping an efi machine personally.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the forum. Ive been a bit overloaded with work. I pulled the plug and it was black and sooty. I reapplied dielectric grease and reinstalled the plug. when i started it back up it was doing the same thing. Out of frustration i put my hand over the air intake tube inside the airbox and made the engine die. i started it back up again after that and POW problem was completely gone. I dont really know what happened or why is did that but no issues now it revs up and has no hesistation at all. I do not know if i still may need to jet it or not bc that machine runs great in my eyes i even think it may run a little better with more pep than before i added the snorkel. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the forum. Ive been a bit overloaded with work. I pulled the plug and it was black and sooty. I reapplied dielectric grease and reinstalled the plug. when i started it back up it was doing the same thing. Out of frustration i put my hand over the air intake tube inside the airbox and made the engine die. i started it back up again after that and POW problem was completely gone. I dont really know what happened or why is did that but no issues now it revs up and has no hesistation at all. I do not know if i still may need to jet it or not bc that machine runs great in my eyes i even think it may run a little better with more pep than before i added the snorkel. Thank you for the help.
Blocking jet maybe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts