Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So long story short. Had the quad since new, has been sitting for about 4 years had a starter problem an life got busy. Got the time to tear into it replaced all the wheel bearing they were horrible, front struts, new starter (had to pull the clutches) it’s all back together started right up. The issue is the odometer seems dead. Wont light up nothing. Quad runs an drives fine. I tried replacing it still nothing. The old unit didn’t have continuity on the 1&8 pins I have 12v on the 2&8 but only 7-8v on the 1&8 pins. Can’t figure it out

·
Registered
13,430 Posts
Pin 1 is 12v 24/7 and pin 8 is ground - pin 2 is 12v when the key and handlebar switch are in the on positions

If you only 7 volts on pin 1, you need to check the 5 amp fuse in the fuse block - it may just be a poor connection or a faulty fuse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pin 1 is 12v 24/7 and pin 8 is ground - pin 2 is 12v when the key and handlebar switch are in the on positions

If you only 7 volts on pin 1, you need to check the 5 amp fuse in the fuse block - it may just be a poor connection or a faulty fuse
Yup that’s how I understood it. Checked that fuse it’s good it was pretty dirty, but no change. I don’t know how much “cleaning” I want to do up there with there already being an electrical issue. I traced the wire back to that exact fuse though. Hmm how to clean a fuse box w/o ruining it

·
Registered
13,430 Posts
Interesting - I'm not sure how I answered this post twice - I accidentally learned something new and it was that I can't delete a duplicate post - the moderators have to do that.

Hmm how to clean a fuse box w/o ruining it
White vinegar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts