Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, What kind of and where did you mount your chainsaw mount (with pics) if possible. I have mine attached to a large milk crate on the rear rack but this spring i'm adding a cargo box of some kind (probably polaris), a Koplin gas can on the front, and possibly the rack extenders. Is there a mount you can buy or make up that can attach the chainsaw mount to the rear or front extender racks?

Let me know

Thx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey guys, What kind of and where did you mount your chainsaw mount (with pics) if possible. I have mine attached to a large milk crate on the rear rack but this spring i'm adding a cargo box of some kind (probably polaris), a Koplin gas can on the front, and possibly the rack extenders. Is there a mount you can buy or make up that can attach the chainsaw mount to the rear or front extender racks?

Let me know

Thx
I'm not sure if you have a rear bumper on your Qaud or not but if so, you could simply attack your large milk crate to the bumper. I use this method from time to time to haul my saw/ / fuel/ bar oil. I secure the crate to the bumper with extra heavy duty zip ties. It removes easily when not in use and keeps oil from your saw off your ATV.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put the factory rear lock 'n ride cargo box on my 500, and found my husky saw fit inside along with small containers for gas/oil mix and bar oil and some other hand tools (pruning saw and lopper style cutter). Worked great for clearing along trails we were making on property we ride/hunt on. And it protects the saw from getting hooked on branches while riding. Depending on the size of your saw, you might want to go this way.

·
Registered
679 Posts
On my XP I can slide a chain saw bar down in between the rear bumper the rear plastics/trunk. Wrap a bungee around it for peace of mind. It's solid, no mount needed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got mine at Cabelas when they were closing them out. The bracket was $6. I did not like the way it made the CS stick up so high, seemed it would get caught on stuff while riding, so I adapted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx for all the replies. I was looking at the mount mentioned above and was gonna adapt it on the rear rack extender some how.

I will have to make some measurements to see if my saw will possibly fit into the box but I would prefer to have it mounted I think. It's not out of the question though

Sent from my i-thingy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Polaris makes a lock and ride box just for this purpose. I have it and highly recommend it. Holds saw and bar oil, fuel can and even a spot for a small tool box for chains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts