Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanna see what you guys think of this I'm going to attach a couple pictures of the front lower a arm mount on my wife's brand new 13 550 x_p this is taken when it had half an hour and 1 mile on it. polaris said it is just a crack in the paint don't worry about it ride it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I would clean it up and take a look at it with a mag glass.
It it is not a crack, get some paint on it and keep an eye on it. The paint at the welds on my rear lower control arms cracked at the welds for the shock mounts. Both sides, cleaned them up, and touched up the paint.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll have to stress test this this weekend and report back!!! Lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow guess I should proof read what I tell my phone!!lol I think it makes sense now. I did some jumps and wheelies and the arm has not broke off yet. I will need to take winch off so I can get a good look at it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm with FAAWRENCHBNDR...Paint it and keep a close eye on it!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
better watch that closely, this is what hapenned with my rear lower a-arm mount...

at around 1000km...

at 4000km...
hahahaha my 850 did both of these, but front one broke, frames so far from stock :p

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Wow guess I should proof read what I tell my phone!!lol I think it makes sense now. I did some jumps and wheelies and the arm has not broke off yet. I will need to take winch off so I can get a good look at it.
And now if something breaks you have no chance of getting it fixed by Polaris. We should think before we post sometimes, if we think there might be an issue that we might want someone to fix for us.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Bobx2 doesn't matter anyway they weren't going to do anything about it in my opinion. They're just hoping it gets past the 6 month warranty. I saw this when it had one mile and a half an hour it'd been road at the dealership and up and down my alley by my wife. I don't know how much more easy riding you can get. In my experience frames painted like that don't crack paint unless something has moved. I do however I understand what you are saying I just don't think they are going to do anything about it anyway.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Ya need to keep thinking then,..........

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
So jumping and wheelieing an ATV will void the warranty - I think not.
Try it and see what happens smart guy. Go in with a broken suspension piece, tell them you been jumping it and that you expect it to be covered under warranty. After they get done laughing at you, they will explain it to you in terms you might understand.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Very true, but most dealers lost money on warranty work.
Your machine, your money........

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The dealer I have does not seem to care much they said that happens when you weld! I just thought what ever my welds don't do that and if they do I did something wrong..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
And also let's keep in mind I found this with one mile and half an hour of riding in an alley. And also it is not a suspension piece it is the frame. And as far as the jumps go its not like I was out doing MX dirt bike jumps we are talking like a foot off the ground.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The paint cracked due to flexing........keep an eye on it. My rear lower control arms' paint cracked at the shock mounts. I think there were only a few hours on it. Cleaned it up, touched up with Rustoleum and I've kept an eye on it

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I solved this problem I traded this one for a 650 outlander. I thought it was bs that every time before we rode a brand new machine I had to look at this crack to see if it was worse. I hope I have better luck with the outlander. Thanks for all of your in put on the cracks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts