Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 13 scrambler 850. All I want is to make it louder. I don't want to get a slip on because if I did I want to do it right meaning I'd be getting a power commander too and just don't want to spend the money. I removed the spark arrestor last night and it definitely made it louder. Might be a stupid question, but this will not hurt the motor or anything like that will it? Any responses would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Changing anything on the exhaust can change the flow of the engine. You could have reduced back pressure and made it breathe better leaning it out. you may have lost 5HP. No way to know without measuring it. You could check your plugs and see if it's running lean. There are much cheaper fuel programmers out there than the power commander and most are even easier to use, not requiring a computer to set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. That's what I thought but wasn't sure if it was it was drastic enough to cause issues. Thank you for the input though, I'll most likely put it back in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts