Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise if you along with others have had issue with the front lid dry storage compartment?
Purchased 13' model 6 mo ago and have used it at my hunt camp to install deer stands and do scouting in the area. While doing so over the last 6 mo I recieved scratches and cosmetic marks on the plastic on the front which they (Polaris) is stating is cosmetic damage done by collision damage. The bike storegae area was used to hold loose items on deer stands and misc items and was opened/closed numerous times on multple trips. Along with the offroad terrain of mud, downed trees/brush, etc the tabs that hold the lid cracked and broke and therefore the weight of lid and no hinge caused the second one to fail. The bike has never been wrecked or abused in any way. The dealer is working with me and trying to get warrantied by Polaris Customer Support is stating that I can not contact or speak with warranty dept since they do not have direct number or able to transfer call. All I am looking to do is contact them and emphazise what the bike was used for and how the marks appeared on bike. The bike are same marks that would be made on the models in their commercials of what the bike can and will be used for. I am very detailed in maintaince of the bike and keeping it is tip top shape.

Please advise if anyone else had had issues with the lid failing on them and what the outcome was!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Im confused? What exactly broke?

From what you're saying, it sounds like you scratched it up, then broke it by overloading it, and want it fixed?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Im confused? What exactly broke?

From what you're saying, it sounds like you scratched it up, then broke it by overloading it, and want it fixed?
I'm confused as well
To me it sounds like his hinges failed (overloaded storage compartment then tried to close it). The plastic racks are going to get scratched and scuffed if you use them to haul or carry things its just the way it is.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Please advise if you along with others have had issue with the front lid dry storage compartment?
Purchased 13' model 6 mo ago and have used it at my hunt camp to install deer stands and do scouting in the area. While doing so over the last 6 mo I recieved scratches and cosmetic marks on the plastic on the front which they (Polaris) is stating is cosmetic damage done by collision damage. The bike storegae area was used to hold loose items on deer stands and misc items and was opened/closed numerous times on multple trips. Along with the offroad terrain of mud, downed trees/brush, etc the tabs that hold the lid cracked and broke and therefore the weight of lid and no hinge caused the second one to fail. The bike has never been wrecked or abused in any way. The dealer is working with me and trying to get warrantied by Polaris Customer Support is stating that I can not contact or speak with warranty dept since they do not have direct number or able to transfer call. All I am looking to do is contact them and emphazise what the bike was used for and how the marks appeared on bike. The bike are same marks that would be made on the models in their commercials of what the bike can and will be used for. I am very detailed in maintaince of the bike and keeping it is tip top shape.

Please advise if anyone else had had issues with the lid failing on them and what the outcome was!!
Here we have another member with less than 5 posts, complaining about some scratches and it seems like the latches breaking on the front storage compartment. I also put up deer stands, and the rack extenders are what is needed to keep those scratches off the rack and the storage compartment. As far as carrying loads, I put them on the back, and never overfill or load up the front storage compartment. I can see how using the storage compartment for heavy loads could cause problems

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
^ But Vandal, then they scratch up their rack extenders :eek:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
^ But Vandal, then they scratch up their rack extenders :eek:
Not if you wrap them in heater hose, but I see your sarcasm

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Pic ? Just curious to see what that actually looks like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts