Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2013 Sportsman 400 HO with 25 easy hours on it. Today we took a little ride, When I went to start the cold engine I noticed as soon as I turned on the key the fan was running . The fan ran the entire ride,we are in upstate NY so it certainly isnt hot out yet. When I got home I disconnected the wire off of the temp sensor on the left side of the engine cylinder.. the fan still ran. I read somewhere that the fan may go into a default mode and run when this switch is bad. Is this true or might this be another problem ? Any ideas or help is appreciated ! 100MEDIA$IMAG0180.JPG

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure but you may want to call your service department and ask them with 25 miles is it still under warranty? Nice thing about the call at least its free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
25 hours 145 miles..... owned it over a year so warranty is out. But thanks,I may give them a call.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Check the resistance of the thermistor in the engine block. If its open then it will act like the connector is unplugged. And with that circuit open the fan will run constantly as a safety precaution because the ECM doesn't know what temp the engine actually is. If the thermistor is in good shape then check the wiring all the back to the ECM/voltage regulator box

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,361 Posts
the sensor is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts