Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
I have a few questions that I haven't been able to come up with using search

2013 sportsman 500 ho does it have a front diff lock?

does it have a true 2wd option

what is the difference between ho and a xp model

thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
XP line is a different chassis and motor altogether. Polaris does not have a dif lock. Its " on demand AWD " NOT TRUE 4X4. Meaning the when the rears slip the fronts go. That's when you have the selector on rh handlebar set AWD. When its not you are in 2wd

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
yes on the 2wd option.

as for the front dif, you'll never notice it not being locked it takes 1/5 of a wheel turn in order for the front to lock in.

the XP's have different suspension geometry, different ergonomics (narrower seat), different fuel capacity, and about 3/4" more ground clearance. They also have a different frame and don't come in a 500 but a 550 model which is an EFI engine vs a carbed engine. The HO's are the value line frame and have integrated front storage.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,
have a chance to trade a car for the above machine, realy want a 850 xp
though.
didn't realize the frame/suspension were different

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
personally I like the VL frame better than the XP frame. Not a fan of the removeable frame components on the XP frames. cracking in the frame on the xp frames can be directly correlated to those removeable sections. there is only 3/4" of an inch more ground clearance and like 1" of wheel travel. it's not enough to really argue the XP over the VL suspension. how much is the car worth? "MIGHT" be worth the trade.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
personally I like the VL frame better than the XP frame. Not a fan of the removeable frame components on the XP frames. cracking in the frame on the xp frames can be directly correlated to those removeable sections. there is only 3/4" of an inch more ground clearance and like 1" of wheel travel. it's not enough to really argue the XP over the VL suspension. how much is the car worth? "MIGHT" be worth the trade.
I agree 100%!! I looked at trading mine in for a 2012 550 non eps last fall, awesome price, but i opted out. Love my Classic to much, especially the frame to go XP.

Things are looking up, cant wait to see what happens with the rest of the classic line up over the next few years.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts