Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked atvoutfitters.net and they have the 14 inch Bighorns but I need to find out if there is clearance issues. $388 per set with free shipping. I've bought several sets of tires over the years from Matt, he'll treat you right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Maxxis Bighorn radials on my sportsman 700 with no spacers. Front
28x9x14 and rear 26x11x14 on offset rims. I would add a picture but don't know how to get it in here. Pic of atv in profile.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If they have 26x10x14 for the rear you will probably not have any clearance issues. If you go with 26x11x14, any brand from what I have read, you will have to bend the swaybar a little. I put ITP Terracross 26X11X14 on the rear of my 550 and ahd to bend the swaybar. THe 26x9x14 fit the front with no problems. I don't recall for sure but I think the Bighorns come in 26x10x14. I didn't really want to go to the 11 on the rerar, but I liked the Teracross pattern, etc.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am guesing the machine that the clearance question is about is an XP 550 or 850.
If you have aftermarket rims, the extra offset will resolve the problem for clearing the rear swaybar. But popo is right if you are talking about running the OEM rims.

I am told the 2010 XP's have a new rear swaybar that eliminates the clearance issue the 09's have with larger tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Petey et al,

Could I run those on my 08 2008 Sportsman? Or would I need to add spacers?

Thanks,

R'

·
Banned
8 Posts
Soo on a 1st gen how bad will 275/60/15s on a 10 inch wheel stick out in the rear of a 1st gen ? how low can you go and have no rub issues ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts