Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve scoured the internet and can’t seem to figure out my issue. I have a 2014 Sportsman 570 that the previous owner let sit for an extended period of time. It has 11.5 hours on it. When I got it I popped a new spark plug on, a new battery, and new fuel and it cranked right up. Ran the ATV for a total of about two hours over the course of a few days and then couldn’t get it started back up.

I checked the fuel pressure and it was low, so I put a new fuel pump in. Pressure is good now, still no start. Pulled the injector and it seemed dirty, so a new injector was put on. Cranked on it and with a little bit of throttle it started up and ran! Ran it for a total of about 10 minutes with no issues and shut it off. There were no problems with it idleing or with throttle while it ran. Changed the oil in it because it had a fuel smell and surprise, won’t start again.

When I try to start it the ATV cranks and will actually fire up for a second or so, but will not continue to run. Seems like it’s not getting enough fuel but I can’t think of anything that would be keeping fuel from getting where it needs to go.

Please help!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Try starting it with starting fluid - see if you can keep it running if you give a spray every now and then into the air intake. If it will run with an external fuel source, you either have a fuel pump, injector, ECM or perhaps something like a CPS failing or failed - might be the battery, stator, wiring, TSS or something else. Plug it in to a computer to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it with starting fluid today and same results. Fires up for a second or two then shuts off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a new NGK plug in it, but I’ll try another one just in case. At this point I’m just throwing random parts at it to see what works....

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Throwing parts at something will fix it eventually, but I prefer to diagnose the cause before throwing parts.

I think it's time to take it to a dealer with the electronic equipment and trained tech's to pinpoint the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solved:

Dealer said it was a problem with the ignition switch... didn’t tell me what problem but it was replaced and now runs like a dream

1 - 8 of 8 Posts