Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... New here and have a tech question. As the title states, my buddy had a 14 Sporty 850 he was having issues with and thought it was his ecu so he bought a new one and it didn’t solve his problems so he put his old one back in. He has since sold his sporty but still had the brand new ecu for it so he gave it to me with the thought that I could get it re-flashed with a hot tune for my 18 Scrambler 1K... just wondering if anyone knows if they share the same ecu and if this could be done. If so any recommendations on places that can do it would be appreciated. I’m in central Michigan.

Thanks in advance!

·
8,717 Posts
Hello all... New here and have a tech question. As the title states, my buddy had a 14 Sporty 850 he was having issues with and thought it was his ecu so he bought a new one and it didn’t solve his problems so he put his old one back in. He has since sold his sporty but still had the brand new ecu for it so he gave it to me with the thought that I could get it re-flashed with a hot tune for my 18 Scrambler 1K... just wondering if anyone knows if they share the same ecu and if this could be done. If so any recommendations on places that can do it would be appreciated. I’m in central Michigan.

Thanks in advance!
RVS Performance and Ryan is the guy you need to talk to. Here's a link.

https://www.shop.rvsperformance.com/Sportsman-1000-ECU-tuning-ECU-PSPTS-1000.htm

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
Ditto^^^^°°° on the RVSPerformance re-flash!!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would seriously doubt that they would interchange hardware but if anyone could tell you it's Ryan. The '14 is cable throttle and isn't the '18 drive by wire?

·
8,717 Posts
I would seriously doubt that they would interchange hardware but if anyone could tell you it's Ryan. The '14 is cable throttle and isn't the '18 drive by wire?
The ECU's do have different part numbers but physically look the same.
Only the Sportsman is fly-by-wire in 2018. The Scrambler still used a throttle cable until 2019.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts