Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, new to this forum. I have a 2015 sportsman 570 w/eps. Wondering if anyone else has had fuel pump issues? I used my atv ice fishing over the weekend. Rode out on the lake about 1.5 miles, fished for 2-3 hours. Went to start the atv, turned over but wouldn't start. The fuel pump wasn't turning on. Was able, after several attempts, I was able to start the atv and ride off the lake with my gear. After getting back to the cabin, I let it sit for a couple hours, and the same thing happened. Turned over wouldn't fire. Let it sit for a few more hours, tried it again with the same results. Then I pushed it into the garage, let it sit for an hour, and it started normally. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem yet. I've been on the phone with Polaris customer service, which hasn't been much help yet. I need this machine to be reliable. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
How many hours on it? Haven't had that trouble so far but my Harley used to do that it was in the ecm on it, If there is a ecm fuse pull it, if it does the same thing , Mine was a loose wire to the ecm fuse. I had no fuel pump and no spark to plugs, Check and see if plugs have spark when this happens. I had power to everything else all lights etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response Greyghost! 7 or 8 hours on the machine. Around 25 miles. This thing is a month old. I had power to everything else. I did not check spark. When it runs, it works great. I took it to the dealer, hoping they can figure it out.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Their has been some others with fuel pump issues. you should here it power up when key turned on..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got an update from the dealer yesterday. They were able to duplicate the problem I was having. They're still "testing" to narrow down the issue between fuel pump, relay or a sensor. I did find out that because of a promotion when I got this machine, I qualified for an extra 6 months of warranty. Which is nice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad they could duplicate it. That's half the battle with the dealer. Sound like your on the right road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad they could duplicate it. That's half the battle with the dealer. Sound like your on the right road.
No Kidding! I was worried it wouldn't act up for them. This is the second 2015 sportsman I've had. The first one had some weird electrical issue that the dealer couldn't figure out! 2 in a row now with problems. Go figure. I'll keep you all posted on what they find out. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was informed today from my dealer, they replaced the ecm relay. This was the recommended fix from the "expert" at the Polaris tech department. He claimed some of the relay's had or have moisture problems. I'm skeptical. I was told it was a common problem. If it's so common, has anyone else encountered the same thing? I'm going to pick up my atv tomorrow and try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts