Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16’ 570. 18’ 450
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 570 with around 2000 miles on it. As of recent i have been having issues with it stalling after it warms up. At initial start it runs fine with no issues and will idle without stalling. After it runs for a bit it will stall at idle. While riding there is no issues but if I stop at all and let it idle it will stall. I have changed the spark plug and same issue occurs. Has fresh gas in it and does not seem to be any power loss or issues while riding, just at idle. I did notice today there seemed to be some oil blow by in the air box.Not sure if that could have any related issues. I cleaned the air box and filter today. As I said while riding I do not seem to have any power loss or issues but when I stop it will die. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
When was the last time the valves were adjusted? If you don't know, then it's time - this is one of the symptoms of tight valves. Might be something else, but if the valves have not been adjusted or if the problem showed up right after the valves were adjusted, then the valves may be the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
16’ 570. 18’ 450
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When was the last time the valves were adjusted? If you don't know, then it's time - this is one of the symptoms of tight valves. Might be something else, but if the valves have not been adjusted or if the problem showed up right after the valves were adjusted, then the valves may be the cause of the problem.
They have never been adjusted. I have owned the atv since new. I keep up on maintenance pretty well with fluid changes every season as well and new plug every spring.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Page 97 of your owners manual specifies 500 hours and 5000 miles, but valve adjustment intervals will vary by the owners habits - operation at high RPM for long periods, long periods of idling, use of alcohol blended fuel, operation in dusty conditions and operation with a "PERFORMANCE" (K&N style) air filter and no or an improperly sealed air filter will decrease intervals drastically - by half or more. Valve adjustment needs to be done whenever the engine becomes hard to start or has a problem idling.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
yeah check the valve specs. the earlier 570s seemed to have a higher occurrence of valve adjustment jobs. but that could be due to the time factor and not any engineering tweeks made to the newer 570s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts