Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to the boards. Just got a new 570 last month. It has roughly 50 miles on it with 15 hours. Today while riding some mud trails the transmission started giving me issues. When in H the RPMs would shoot up to 4800 and barley get me to 5mph. After about 30 seconds the speed started to steadily increase and RPMs dropped down to 4200. I am thinking there is an issue switching between gears. What can cause this and I am guessing I should just take back to dealership as it's only 2mo old.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Sounds like your belt got wet and started slipping. Pull the drain on the cvt cover and see if water comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
Red threaded plug on the side of the belt cover. Behind the left side foot well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just an FYI. You may want to look up some of the threads on here about getting water in your clutch housing. It is a fairly common problem and is also a fairly easy fix in most cases. Quite a few people including myself have had the rear clutch cover not sealed up correctly from the factory. Causes excessive leakage and belt slippage even when running though very little puddles. Check it out if you continue to have issues. I posted a couple links in post #6 of the thread I attached below you may want to check out.
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman-570/133393-water-belt-casing.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts