Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys has anyone here bought a non Polaris winch and wired it into the existing wiring for the Polaris plug and play winches just curious on if it can be done because those polaris winches are not cheap thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! Yes I bought a Warn Vintage winch for my Polaris. I also bought the warn mounting kit. I think I got them from motosport.com. It was an easy install and I mounted the winch controller in the front trunk. The only really modification was splicing the wires to the polaris wiring harness and that wasn't difficult either. The harness is right on the left handle bar. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does thanks I just don’t want to spend the money on a Polaris winch and I’d rather not run a whole new harness if I can just use what’s there thanks a bunch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it does thanks I just don’t want to spend the money on a Polaris winch and I’d rather not run a whole new harness if I can just use what’s there thanks a bunch
Spoke with my dealer where I just bought my 2018 Polaris 570 and was told if you splice an aftermarket winch into the wiring harness and you have a future electrical issue. It voids your warranty. So your better to go with the factory winch. Kit comes with everything you need.

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts
Spoke with my dealer where I just bought my 2018 Polaris 570 and was told if you splice an aftermarket winch into the wiring harness and you have a future electrical issue. It voids your warranty. So your better to go with the factory winch. Kit comes with everything you need.
:cussing:although I think this is total :bsflag: I do get it!!! I've seen some real hack jobs by guys that have NO business working on wheelers or touching anything electrical. Not that I can see having to bring my wheelers in for any electrical work, I do plan on putting a warn winch on the 570.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You don’t need to cut or splice factory wiring if you use Polaris 2411686 winch switch extension. Make splice to contactor at end of this part. This keeps all original wiring intact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts