Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 350 Trail Boss. For some time when I pass the shifter over the reverse position, the engine dies. The shift lever does not have to be in reverse to kill the engine. If I’m fast enough, I can push the reverse override switch and the engine will continue to run. I believe the reverse override switch is the culprit of the problem. I would like to “bypass” the switch. In other words, I want to eliminate the need to push the reverse button every time I put the transmission in reverse. Can anyone offer any help on how I can eliminate the switch?

·
Registered
26 Posts
same problem

Did or have you resolved the problem? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Didn't want to buy the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Oldun, no I have not been able to fix the problem. Like you I was hoping someone else had already diagnosed and repaired the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 92 350L does this from time to time. When it is happening, I jsut need to depress the reverse override. I haven't diagnosed or fixed the problem yet. It only happens "sometimes", usually if I have forgotten to switch off the fuel when it is sitting for a few days. Can't imagine how that would be related.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts