Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Does anyone have any help in removal of the starter - cant find the bolts - any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Hey Kaine and welcome to the site. Have you been able to get a hold of a service manual for the quad? The site has only been up for a few weeks and still under construction. We expect to have the site completely finished within a few more weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You should have 2 bolts under the recoil assy, and then 2 more behind the belt covers, kind of a P.i.t.a

·
Registered
6 Posts
One of the bolts is part of the recoil housing, too. I got the whole thing off without removing the belt covers, but it required a lot of patience. All 10mm bolt heads. You would also need a clutch puller to get the belt covers off, so be confident you can get the last bolt back in on the back of the starter before you pull.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You are right! there are two bolts inside the recoil stater cover BUT there is a mounting bracket on the top side of the starter that is impossible to get to. You either pull the clutch cover and the transmission or you find a good sawzall and cut the bracket off or take it to the dealer and let him fix it for you! Sorry, I've had the same problem

·
Registered
173 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts