Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the magneto assembly on my ATV put everything back together and here is the problems that I'm having with it:

-No dash light (reverse, neutral etc.)
-4x4 button does not work (4x4 not working)
-ATV only accelerates with the override button pushed in (on all gears)
-radiator fan does not kick in so my ATV overheats

that's all I can think of for now, bike starts right up with either pull or starter switch battery is also getting charged. I rechecked all my connections to my magneto assembly everything is connected right.

any ideas? please help

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Dash lights may be just the indicator switch on the trans. 4X4 is going to require some diagnosis of where power is getting to with the switch turned on. The acceleration issue sounds like the reverse safety acting up. Disconnect the black wire to it and see if it goes away. Fan is one of 3 things, the sensor, relay, or fan itself.

·
Premium Member
11,516 Posts
carlos are all of ur issues a result of the mag replacement or were they problems before u replaced the mag?

·
Premium Member
11,516 Posts
chk ur fuses something might have reverse polarity and subsequently fuses r popping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chk ur fuses something might have reverse polarity and subsequently fuses r popping.
thanks I will definitely check fuses.

the problems happened after magneto replacement. all worked great before.

I know I connected everything back the same way it was (only 3-4 wires)

I thought maybe I accidentley disconnected a wire but all looks good when I follow the wire loop all the way to the fuse box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
messed with the atv these past couple days, but no luck:disappointed:
there is no fuses everything is plugged in,
I did find something interesting: while the bike is running if I move the switch to the off position all the dash light come on as the bike stalls out. after it stalls dash lights die out. it only does 3-4 times out of 10 not all the time.

plz someone hlp

Carlos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out what was exactly wrong? I have a 93 350 trail boss and I'm have all of the same exact issues.

·
Premium Member
11,516 Posts
After reading through this again I do as I did then have this suspicion the mag is wired in reverse polarity.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
I suspect a problem in the wiring to or internally in the LH switch assy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts