Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 1993 trail boss , so far i put new carb kit into in rewelded the two broken engine mounts , pulled the fly wheel off to remove the starter drive as starter is missing completely to find out crank bearings are toast. Kinda a piss off but if i dont do them it will inevitably fail. So can average joe(me) rip apart this engine and rebuild .I believe crank is still good it runs currently just really really REALLY clanky .

Anyone help with step by step , tips, recommendations ,etc. still new to 2-strokes . never really had these problems with my 4 stroke 250 quadrunner

·
Registered
32 Posts
While I can't give you a step-by-step as it all depends on what you find once you start digging into it. It helps to go through many of these posts and you'll most likely find you answers as you go along. I did a Top End rebuild on a project 1990 Trail Boss 350L with no previous experience on this particular model. I found a ton of helpful info on this site along with a couple other ATV forums. I had no need to dig into the bottom end like it sounds like you may have to do though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
While I can't give you a step-by-step as it all depends on what you find once you start digging into it. It helps to go through many of these posts and you'll most likely find you answers as you go along. I did a Top End rebuild on a project 1990 Trail Boss 350L with no previous experience on this particular model. I found a ton of helpful info on this site along with a couple other ATV forums. I had no need to dig into the bottom end like it sounds like you may have to do though.
I have found post upon post on top end rebuild but not bottom :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts