Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 93 350L 2x4 that is having issues starting and running. I had an issue with fuel leaking out of the carb overflow hoses. Determined that the float was stuck so I pulled the carb cleaned the bowl and it fired up and ran for about a day and a half. My son was riding it and then it died on him. wouldn't start. We let it sit for a few min then it started ran for 30 seconds then died. We let it sit for couple hours then started it and had the same result. Tried starting after sitting over night and it will not start. Checked the fuel filter and that is fine. Going to check the spark plug as well. Any other suggestions as to what the issue may be. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
If it will run with a full tank of fuel but not when it gets low, it might be the fuel pump - if the tank was full and you had the problem, it might be a defective petcock - pull the fuel line off the petcock, turn it on and see how fast it flows - if the flow is slow, remove the gas cap and see if it speeds up - if it flows faster with the gas cap off, you probably have a pinched or clogged fuel tank vent line

1 - 4 of 4 Posts