Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after about 2 months of work my 94 400l was doing great. Took it out for a ride today and as usuall something broke. First whenever I try to shift into gear it just grinda and wont let me. I pulled the clutch cover to find that my primary clutch was engageing even in neutral. Then came the shift lever not even letting me physically put it into gear it just dosent move no matter how hard you push it. Could any of this have to do with having a battery so dead it will never recharge? Im in the process of tearing carb down to get it to idle at lower rpms. But any ideas on the shifting/grinding issue?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm not entirely familiar with the way the 400L's transmissions are but on my 400 there is a little cover where the shift linkage goes into the tranny, inside that is a gear with a counter gear thats a 31 tooth tooled down to an 11 tooth. I was plowing one time and broke 3 teeth off that gear which jammed everything up and wouldn't go into any other gear. It was stuck in low and that was it. This is what that gear looks like

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts