Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make my ride look a little better without breaking the bank.
Any suggestions?
I was thinking about lifting it 2" but not sure that'll make a noticeable difference.
Also want to put a winch on the front, but have had a hard time finding a mounting kit for it.
Snorkel/radiator relocation kits don't seem to be available for this model either.

Any suggestions y'all have, I'm listening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't know if you have looked but there is alot of aftermarket products on ebay you should be able to find what your looking for on there.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Tough call.
Depends on the type of riding you do and the overall shape your machine is in.
The 400 2 stroke is a good motor.
A suspension lift wouldn't be a bad idea but you've still got the sprocket hanging down out back.............what you may really need is more ground clearance, so TIRE IT UP, but if you went to 27"s, you need to get different back rims(go to 12"s) and still only gain about an inch in clearance on the rear.Plus clutchin' or sprocketing down. Tough call indeed
Since it's a lil older you'll probably be able to find a new or used winch bumper and plate on ebay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tough call.

Depends on the type of riding you do and the overall shape your machine is in.

The 400 2 stroke is a good motor.

A suspension lift wouldn't be a bad idea but you've still got the sprocket hanging down out back.............what you may really need is more ground clearance, so TIRE IT UP, but if you went to 27"s, you need to get different back rims(go to 12"s) and still only gain about an inch in clearance on the rear.Plus clutchin' or sprocketing down. Tough call indeed

Since it's a lil older you'll probably be able to find a new or used winch bumper and plate on ebay.

Good info to have. I'd like to stick with the tires I have for now since they only have 3 rides on them - I'm going to watch craigslist for a newer model and maybe just replace this one with it. I'd like to have a 4 stroke anyway. Hate having to watch oil levels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yep, can't beat them bearclaws.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts