Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Polaris 300 4x4. With the battery installed the engine will idle fine but Boggs down and dies above idle. I have tried to isolate the issue and remove the battery and she runs fine no matter the throttle. But if I leave the battery out and connect the cooling fan the engine will then bog down and die. I currently have to run with the battery disconnected and the cooling fan running from a switch (because Polaris doesn't make the thermostat anymore) and directed connected to the battery. It's almost seems like the system can't supply enough power to charge the battery or run the fan above idle. Any suggestions with be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I hope your fix is as easy as mine. Got the charging system working. Took the CDI, regulator, and rev limiter out to be tested and for shits and giggles because I have been drinking to much I put it all back in and the system works just fine now.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
In the process of disconnecting and reconnecting you probably corrected the faulty connection that was causing the problem - congratulations!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 95 300 4x4 I bought off a guy that is in rough condition and need several parts for it. Only thing I got right so far is the electrical portion. Working on fuel, oil and vent lines now. They were all removed. No idea what goes where. Can you take pictures of these and send them? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts