Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Polaris 400 4x4 that floods out when starting or running. I rebuilt the top end and went through the carb for my Dad so it would be ready for ice fishing. The atv ran great. I used it around the house for about a month with zero problems. Sent it off with him to bring to the lake and he used it for half a day and called to tell me it wouldn't stay running and ran poor when it was running. Got it back to my house and went through it and found the plug gets soaked when trying to start it. If I dry the plug it will start and sputter then die. I pulled the carb apart again and check the float level, needle, and seat. No problems. Check compression. I have about 110 psi. Probably a little low from fuel soaking the rings. Check for spark. Spark looks ok. Pulled the flywheel to check the flywheel key. Flywheel looks to be in good shape and the key was intact. I am so lost. Anyone have any direction to go? Don't know what to test next. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have not gotten a cdi box yet. But I replace the crank seal that looked to be leaking no difference.

·
Registered
483 Posts
2 stroke right? Check the choke cable to make sure it isn't pulling open, sometimes they hang up, replace spark plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts