Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is James,

I am working on a 1995 magnum 425 and the carb is shot one of the jets has broken and won't come out. Looking to buy a new carb for this atv was wondering what the best way to go was, and does anyone have one for sale in working condition. I have read where you can put the 500 carb on it. I know the look the same but what is the difference and what are the perks. Any help will be appreciated . . thks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks slyr. . .I appreciate that. . .This carb has been aggravating to find. and a new one is over 400 dollars. .

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
its a 34 bst mikuni, look on ebay, the older 500 had the same carb, in 2001 they went to the 500HO it has a 40mm mikuni, would have to change rubber boots on engine and airbox to make it work,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Russ. . .I was reading about the bigger carb somewhere on here. So only the carb from 2001 and up do you need the elbow and the airbox. . .that is great to know. . That was alot of help. . thanks. .much appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a 500 carb from a 2000 sportsman. . .Do you know how much extra hp or extra pep it will give the 425. . will it show much of a difference

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
none , its the same carb, , may need to put your jets in it so its not too rich, pilot jet should be the same but I think the 425 haAD A smaller main jet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok. . I thought I had read on here somewhere the 500 carb would give speed it up a little bit. . .but its kool . . the reason I am having to buy a new one (found one on ebay) one of the jets is broken down in the carb and I can't get it out. . .Thanks for all the info It sure was helpful. . .I should be getting the carb I bought in a week or so. . .hopefully it gets it going good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts