Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to the forum here and really new to Polaris ATV's in general. However, we have a 1995 Polaris 300 2x4 that runs great and doesn't seem to have any problems, other than that it leaks oil out of the gear case. First, I checked the dipstick and saw nothing was on it, so I added some of the recommended oil and it flowed straight out of the bottom. Upon further examination, it appears there is a seal missing on the left (or inside) of the gear case. Attached is a picture of where the seal should go I believe. However, I also noticed that there are three bolt holes surrounding this opening and was wondering if something needs to be attached here and if so, what is it and where can I get it? I have reviewed a parts diagram but cannot see anything past a seal, yet on Google images of a gear case, there appears to be something bolted over the seal. Thanks in advance
Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Electric blue Wire
Head Eye Human body Jaw Electric blue

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,065 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to the forum here and really new to Polaris ATV's in general. However, we have a 1995 Polaris 300 2x4 that runs great and doesn't seem to have any problems, other than that it leaks oil out of the gear case. First, I checked the dipstick and saw nothing was on it, so I added some of the recommended oil and it flowed straight out of the bottom. Upon further examination, it appears there is a seal missing on the left (or inside) of the gear case. Attached is a picture of where the seal should go I believe. However, I also noticed that there are three bolt holes surrounding this opening and was wondering if something needs to be attached here and if so, what is it and where can I get it? I have reviewed a parts diagram but cannot see anything past a seal, yet on Google images of a gear case, there appears to be something bolted over the seal. Thanks in advance View attachment 171436 View attachment 171437
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. I will have to see if I can get a VIN number when I get a chance. But if that is the case and I have a tranny from another machine, what would you recommend? Add the speedometer and gasket?

·
Super Moderator
15,874 Posts
I see. I will have to see if I can get a VIN number when I get a chance. But if that is the case and I have a tranny from another machine, what would you recommend? Add the speedometer and gasket?
You'll have to have something to cover the hole if you want to keep oil in the tranny. I posted a link to several in my previous post but can't say for sure they'll fit since I have no idea what tranny you have. There may be a number tag on the tranny itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts