Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WoW I finally found the perfect site for all my Polaris needs.
I have a 1995 Trail Boss ,My question is simple do you have to remove the fly wheel in order to remove the starter? I have removed the recoil cover and found two 10mm bolts but the starter seem still installed? Is there any more bolts that I am missing? Any help would be great!

Thanks
Born to hunt!
Forced to work::zahn:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
no, there are only two mounting bolts, and no you dont need to remove the fly wheel. just got to play with it a little bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep trying It still removes from the back of the fly wheel?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
hey i just looked at the microfiche and saw something im not quite sure. on a lot of polaris models it is only 2 mounting bolts, but it almost looks like yours has 4....two #16's and two #9's

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ,
You are right It did have 4 just got them removed and on with the rebuild.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
did you need to remove the clutch housing to get to the other two bolts ?? need to do it on my 94 300 2x4 looking in a clymer manual it says i need to remove the reat fenders and rear rack just to remove the clutch cover boy they sure don't make it easy to work on these things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats an UNDERSTATEMENT No ROOM at all. I have almost everything removed and out of my way . And it was still a pain in the butt !!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran it until starter rope broke. I looking for a used on on e-bay but not having any luck. The more items you remove the easier it it to fix.

·
Registered
96 Posts
om mine i cant even see the starter. gee's pain in the rear just to put in a spark plug.
if you go to utube there are clips on how to put on a new rope. looks pretty easy to do after you get the it off the motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts