Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Polaris Xplorer 400
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the site and have a few questions. I've been riding since 1994 and bought my Xplorer new in 1995 and had it ever since. I only have a 1800 miles on it so its not that much wear and tear. OK, so there are the questions. Thanks in advance for your help!:anbet:

I have a 95 Xplorer that when running has a knocking sound at idle. I've checked the oil injection and cleaned the carb everything looked good. It go's away when driving it. I could send some audio if it would help in trouble shooting the problem. I had not rode it in 2 years so I change out the fuel and cleaned the carb. Checked the injection oil, counterbalance and transmission oil. It was stored inside and I had pulled the manual start every so often to keep the cylinder walls clean.

Is there any lubrication that is needed on either the driven or drive pulleys? When I checked it there was a lite coating of belt dust but the belt didn't look worn or cracked. Should I remove this residue?

I also have a rear shock that needs to be replaced. Is there a cheaper shock then the one listed on the discount polaris site?

·
Registered
841 Posts
This is not related but I am new as well and I want to know how in the world you post a new thread on here. I can respond fine but I dont know how to start a new thread/post

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site and have a few questions. I've been riding since 1994 and bought my Xplorer new in 1995 and had it ever since. I only have a 1800 miles on it so its not that much wear and tear. OK, so there are the questions. Thanks in advance for your help!:anbet:

I have a 95 Xplorer that when running has a knocking sound at idle. I've checked the oil injection and cleaned the carb everything looked good. It go's away when driving it. I could send some audio if it would help in trouble shooting the problem. I had not rode it in 2 years so I change out the fuel and cleaned the carb. Checked the injection oil, counterbalance and transmission oil. It was stored inside and I had pulled the manual start every so often to keep the cylinder walls clean.

Is there any lubrication that is needed on either the driven or drive pulleys? When I checked it there was a lite coating of belt dust but the belt didn't look worn or cracked. Should I remove this residue?

I also have a rear shock that needs to be replaced. Is there a cheaper shock then the one listed on the discount polaris site?
Mine did it and it was the Clutch belt slapping the top of the Clutch Cover! It went away when i put a new Belt on it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts