Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Magnum 425 that I picked up used last year. I brought it straight to the shop to have them go through it, but still have a lingering problem.

When I press the AWD button while in high range that AWD engages and the light comes on, but will go disengage and the light will go off with any speed at all.

AWD engages fine and stays engaged on low range.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ben

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
trans shifter switch bad, under front panel, find a terminal that gets hot when the key is on , make a wire that that comes off of terminal then goes to two wires, hook to the grey wires going down the strut for awd, this will bypass the shifter switch but awd switch will still turn it on and off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trans shifter switch bad, under front panel, find a terminal that gets hot when the key is on , make a wire that that comes off of terminal then goes to two wires, hook to the grey wires going down the strut for awd, this will bypass the shifter switch but awd switch will still turn it on and off
Thanks for the reply.

Would it make sense that it works fine in low range, but not in high? I would think if it was that switch then it would be bad all around??

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
thats what happens, jack it up, get all 4 off the ground, wiggle and shake shifter while tring it, bet youll get it to kick in once in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts