Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Im new to this forum and have a question. my father in-law has a 1996 425 magnum. Its in the shop right now and is requiring 2500.00 worth of work because the transmission is shot!!! The quad only has 450 miles on it! Anyways, my friend says he believes he should be squeezing the brake lever while shifting. His polaris requires you to do this. Does anyone here know if polaris recommends for shifting to squeeze the brake lever on a '96 magnum??
I have been trying to find the answer to this and have been coming up empty handed.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, my buddies (94 trailboss) requires you to pull the lever to shift, so we were thinking maybe the same was true for the magnum and since that wasnt done that led to the trans failure. Guess not. Its weird and a shame that a machine with only 400 miles on it would have the trans completely broken. All light use miles, back and forth from hunting stand. Oh well thanks for the input.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Your buddy's machine should not have to use the brake to shift it either. Maybe his machine is idling to high so he has to apply the brake to shift it? This will be hard on the transmission, clutches and belt to keep using it that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts