Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently purchased a sportsman 400. Runs like a champ after i installed a new spark plug and cleaned the carb on it. One question i have is none of the headlights work. I havent even looked into it yet but will tonight. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be or know where i can get a wiring diagram?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Switch turned on, bulbs burned out would be the first check. If you find all the bulbs out then check your voltage regulator output. If it is bad then it will blow bulbs.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
96 polaris 400

thanks for the pointers on the headlights. I got them fixed last night found a bad ground and the contacts in the light switch were dirty so i cleaned them. The next question i have is i get it running and it runs like a top. But it will not shut off with the key or the red stop switch. Has anybody else ran into the same problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Look for the single black wire to the cdi that loops between the kill switches. Someone probably unplugged it somewhere along the way to bypass a no spark issue or something to test and never plugged back in. I think on that machine they all go to a connector block in the headlight pod or under the front plastics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts