Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently purchased a sportsman 400. Runs like a champ after i installed a new spark plug and cleaned the carb on it. One question i have is none of the headlights work. I havent even looked into it yet but will tonight. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be or know where i can get a wiring diagram?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
96 polaris 400

thanks for the pointers on the headlights. I got them fixed last night found a bad ground and the contacts in the light switch were dirty so i cleaned them. The next question i have is i get it running and it runs like a top. But it will not shut off with the key or the red stop switch. Has anybody else ran into the same problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Look for the single black wire to the cdi that loops between the kill switches. Someone probably unplugged it somewhere along the way to bypass a no spark issue or something to test and never plugged back in. I think on that machine they all go to a connector block in the headlight pod or under the front plastics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.