Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The four wheeler had not been ridden in about four months. I got it started and road it about 400 feet and both front tires brakes locked tight as a drum. I tore into it today and found the fluid in the reservoir was discolored like rust. I cleaned it out and took the reservoir off and tried to get fluid flowing through the little holes in the mount. Reassembled it and mounted on the bars. Now I am getting nothing at coming out of the connection for the hose. I am hoping someone on here can point me in the proper direction. The brake lever was VERY hard to pull before I took it for a ride, now the lever works freely but is NOT pumping any brake fluid at all. HELPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
4 Posts
So apparently its common if the lever gets squeezed all the to the bar that the plunger for the master cylinder sticks in, needle nose pliers, pull it out, pump up the lever, all good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That did not work for me Matt. I just took the plunger out of the master cylinder and it looks like I need new seals. I could not get it to build any pressure at all once I bled the brakes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You should probably flush the system with alcohol after you fix the leaking seal. Make sure the lines and wheel cylinders are clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts