Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped a chain a couple months back, machine sat in garage for a couple months. Finally have time to fix chain, but now it wont start. Turns over fine, has spark(pulled plug and it sparked), pulled gas tank and blew through fuel filter so I believe its getting fuel, air cleaner not bad looking. It was running great before I let it sit.

Any help?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Probably needs the carb cleaned - spray some starting fluid on the air filter - if it will fire up that way, then it eliminates some possibilities - if you give it fuel externally and it runs, you just need to get fuel mixed with the air going through the carb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Latebird it worked like a charm. Stayed running on the 3rd shot. Best I can figure the gas evaporated out of the carb. Firing a couple times with the starter fluid got the bowl filled and it's running fine.
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Glad to hear it was a simple fix. Now use non ethanol fuel and run it regularly - if you think it's going to set more than a week at a time without use, mix some two stroke oil with the gas - it will help stabilize the fuel and delay fuel system problems caused by evaporation. A 100:1 or richer (but not more than 60:1) will help - it might smoke a little at 60:1, but it won't hurt anything. On the positive side, it will extend the life of the fuel and help prevent goo in the carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts