Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a 97 425 magnum. problem is, i can't find a spec sheet anywhere on the net. i have looked for hours for this. does anyone know where i can get the specs on this model?

I would like to use it this yr. to hunt on but i don't want to buy something that is gonna have issues. At this point i don't know if its 2 or 4 stroke. i do know its chain driven and i'm not to pleased with that but i can live with it as i ride motocross so im use to the chain and sproket vs. the drive shaft setup.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
John

·
Registered
527 Posts
The 425 is a four stroke and very dependable. The chains may be an old style set up but they worked awesome. Just keep them lubed and adjusted and they will run thousands of miles. What specs were you looking for I might be able to remember most of them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well somf my buddies are discouraging me from it because of the chain etc. I don't think there will be issues myself.

The specs I am looking for are:
Carb
Weight
Wheelbase
Clearance
Suspension
Fwd and Rev?
How many gears
Horsepower
And any issue those machines may have had.

You will have to forgive me as I don't know about quads. I just want to make sure it can go through what I need to deer hunt which isn't much but some water. I am trading a motocycle for it and if you could let me know is 5000 miles is a lot for this model, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
I believe the weight is 600 pounds.

The carb is a 34 mikuni. 140 main jet, 40 pilot jet, needle in #3 position and 2.5 turns on the air screw.

Wheelbase I believe is 50 inches.

The front suspension has 6.25 inches of travel and the rear 8.5 inches of travel.

Not sure what you mean by forward & reverse?

Gears? There are no gears!

30 horsepower.

Solid machine as long as it has been maintened it should run for a long time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:biglaugh:
Well somf my buddies are discouraging me from it because of the chain etc. I don't think there will be issues myself.

The specs I am looking for are:
Carb
Weight
Wheelbase
Clearance
Suspension
Fwd and Rev?
How many gears
Horsepower
And any issue those machines may have had.

You will have to forgive me as I don't know about quads. I just want to make sure it can go through what I need to deer hunt which isn't much but some water. I am trading a motocycle for it and if you could let me know is 5000 miles is a lot for this model, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts