Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Polaris Big Boss has all kinds of power forward but no power in reverse. I was pushing snow yesterday and when I put the thing in reverse, if I throttle it very much more then a idle, it wants to backfire. It will barely pull itself. It will back up though. But like I said, it still has all its power in high or low forward. Any Thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just bought this machine and was not told about the reverse override button. It did the trick, when I pushed it. the writing is also gone on it. Guess I need to get a owners manual and read up on it. I just have never owned a 2 stroke or a atv with an override button.:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
The reverse override is a safety feature so you don't accidentally take off at full throttle in reverse. Polaris has used this for many years, and other manufacturers use it now too. (our 2008 Kawasaki has it) It can be bypassed if you find it to be too much of an annoyance. I've found it's mostly only a problem when plowing snow when you want to back up and raise the plow at the same time, but I've just learned to push the override button with my thumb and the winch button with my finger at the same time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts