Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changing hub oil usually fixs this but not this time,took apart to inspect but found everything looking ok.anybody got anwsers???

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
ahh, i think i might know.

from my time as a parts guy, i remember that when my mechanic was working on the front end of these machines and taking it part, he would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have me order part #15. it is what activates and doesnt activate your 4x4. its glued against the strut assembly and when you start tearing into the front end you will almost always destory that part, especially if you are not aware about it. we would see atv, mostly older magnums that pulled hard to one side or the other, and those magnets seemed to be the reason why. still could be other things, but this is a strong possibility.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My Magnum hubs will sometime lock in and stay locked even after pushing off. I have to back up for them to unlock. Changing fluid helps mine as well. I don't have the problem like yours where in locks in just riding though. The problem might be in the Hillard clutch itself, my brother had to take the rollers out of his and do a little polishing to get his working right on his 400l 4x4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
locking hubs

May have found problem,I was working on this unit for someone else and he had a zip tie around the reverse over ride switch and sometimes it would not keep the switch pushed in all the time,what that has to do with it,I don't know,but it has not messed up yet without zip tie on it.
Has anybody seen this done before???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH, by the way,both armature plates for the 4x4 coils,"magnets"were replaced and it still did it!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you have any more problems you can disconnect the black wire from the speed limiter to disable it. It will not limit it reverse though. I done this to mine because I hate that thing, they go bad sometimes and cause crazy problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts