Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone , my bike recently lost spark , did nothing wrong before hand, everything works except theres no spark , I recently changed spark plug and replaced the coil and still no spark , disconnected everything and unplugged all my wires and still no spark , cdi and everything is fine , went to pull start it and it goes enough to turn over once and stops tight , motor isn't seized , I noticed moisture in the small hole at the top of the recoil cover where the pullcord comes out ,and its kind of rusting , any advice on what to do , would it be something in there not making it spark ? anything helps as I just lost my job and have no money for the shop, if it helps im located near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and could possibly go to an atv wreaking yard or something

·
Registered
165 Posts
The stator is what creates the juice for the spark. It is inside your pull start cover. Rmstator is a place that makes pretty good ones and they are located in Canada. $160 USD for plug and play. Don't know what that is in your currency.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see that stators are even cheaper than 160usd found oem ones for 120$CND shipping included , thats about 100$ usd , im going to take mine out of the bike and clean it up and rebuild it , its way cheaper to do and very easy , itll cost my 30$ and some TLC , i got alot of patience when it comes to saving 100$, Try to fix before buying anything new makes sense to me , especially when it could just be a broken wire or something rusted , its as easy and removing it and cleaning it and replacing it , anyone who would spend 160$ on a stator before trying to fix there old one is dumb in my opinion

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you have the knowledge and capabilities you have at it. Im not savvy on electrical components so for me its well worth it to put a brand new one in and get another 10 15 years out of the part. I hope it works for ya.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts