Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new her but looking forward to looking around! So here is my problem I have a 97 scrambler 400 and it will not go forward. Reverse works fine but when i shift it into forward it just sits there, it just happened the other day, up until then it ran fine. Any ideas where to start trouble shooting or what is wrong?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
you did check your linkage ?? or unhook the shift rod at the front linkage and give it a push to the rear,that should be forward gear. any grinding or snapping??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the linkage is ok but the seems to be a grinding! I just got it up on the stand and when u push in into forward the back wheels move forward like it is trying to go but that is it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing and it ended up being the little needle bearing that sits under the gear in the gear case. If you look on Polaris's diagram for the gear case you will see where it needs to go. I ordered mine through a dealer and it was like $37 dollars. If I were you i'd change the silent drive chain inside of them too just in case it has stretched. They are like $62. If you do have to replace the entire drive gear for the forward, they have discontinued them, but I believe that Trailblazers and Sport 400L has the same gear and you can buy them. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts