Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying thank you. I am new to his forum. My problem is that my 1997 polaris sportsman 500 started overheating the fan is not coming on. I tested the wires that go from the fan to circuit board and the voltage is the same (12.4). What is the best way to check the fan to see if it working or if it something else. Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
First off.... Hello & Welcome :wave:

Let me start by saying thank you. I am new to his forum. My problem is that my 1997 polaris sportsman 500 started overheating the fan is not coming on. I tested the wires that go from the fan to circuit board and the voltage is the same (12.4). What is the best way to check the fan to see if it working or if it something else. Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated
I'd start with disconnecting the fan and apply a 12V power supply (battery)..... if it spins the fan works, and it is likely the temp sensor in the engine block. If it doesn't spin the fan motor is toast and needs to be replaced. The sensor can also be tested with an ohm meter by resistance..... but you'd have to do a search on the forum to find that procedure and ratings.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome :shakehands:

x2 on what mustbenice said.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts