Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new to this forum. I have been on here a couple times but never signed up until today. I have searched some about my fourwheeler but havent really found what I need. I have a 1997 polaris xplorer 500 4x4. I just got it on trade. It is not currently running right. It seems to idle decent and can rev up a little but then bogs out and backfires. The rubber boot from the airbox to the carburetor was ripped and had a hole so i ordered a new one. Also the airbox studs are broke so lid just sits on top. I was told that if i got a new airbox and tightned down the lid and fixed the rubber intake hose it should run right. The guy said that they need a lot of vacuum for diaphram to work. I cleaned the carb and changed fuel filter and put new gas in drained out old. Could this be what is wrong with my quad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks legion609!!! hope it works

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You can also take the top of the carb. off (2 screws) and inspect the rubber diapragm, to make sure there are no cracks in it, also inspect the black plastic slide, for cracks and make sure that it will travel up and down. Check the needle, if bent and mounted properly, sometimes with age, the c-clip will wear and break, normal setting is in the middle groove.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys will definitely take a look at the diaphram.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts