Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was heading down a road and all of a sudden it started bogging out. Took the carburetor off, cleaned it, checked for spark. when putting carb back on, it would not start and still won't start. Any suggestions of whats going on?

·
Registered
10,094 Posts
Sheared flywheel key, broken crankshaft, fuel shut off, fuel tank vent clogged, bad petcock, bad fuel pump, loss of vacuum to the fuel pump, undiscovered problem with the carb, bad spark plug (even if it sparks outside the cylinder), bad spark plug cap, bad coil, bad stator, dirty air filter, clogged intake, tight valves, cam jumped time, bad cam, piston seized, rings worn out or stuck in piston grooves, hole in piston, out of gas............ Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does try to start, will run for a second or two just wont keep running. Thinking my exhaust lobe on the camshaft wore out, and needs a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow, what are your miles / hours on that? I didn’t think quads could run hard at that age? Sorry cant help, except to maybe think of something newer? Hmm any pictures or video of your trusted old steed would be cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts