Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am new here but no stranger to internet forums and their helpfulness. I have been recently reading up on some things here and this seems like a good place to come ask for help. First off I am by no means a mechanic, but I can take stuff apart pretty well :)

I just purchased my child hood quad from my parents since it was just sitting and not getting use and I recently aquired enough land to go riding. I have changed the brakes, belt, sparkplug, greased all fittings, wd-40 the whole damn thing, changed air filters, new battery, lubed chain, drained and changed fuel, oil, gear case, brake fluid, and rebuilt the carburator.

The quad when recieving it would start up and go, but sometimes it would BOG down and stall. Since the carb. rebuild the machine is not stalling, but still bogging down randomly. The quad will sometimes have full power, and then lose it fastly throwing you forward. Very random, seems like the same issue is there. Sometimes it backfires pretty violently.

In neutral, it will rev as high as you want it, no hesitation. Put it in gear and take off, it is a throw of the dice.

Any advice or input? I am thinking it is the rev limiter maybe?

Also for the airscrew, the manual isn't to clear, but I came to the conclusion to turn it all the way in, then 1.0 turn out according to stock, and .25 turn out for the temp. So 1.25 turns out total.

"Machine revs fine in neutral, but bogs doen randomly when in gear and giving it gas"

I appreciate any and all feedback I can get, total noob here but I bet this is something pretty common.

Edit: Also the cylinder compression tested for 130psi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you Bruce!

Well I did some more reading and read to disconnect the black wire coming from the rev. limiter. I did that and the machine is running like new. I am going to order a new rev.limiter and that should fix the issue, so much for help, but thanks for the great forum lol Guess I just needed to read a little more before asking questions. It is funny I didn't guess this off the bat this is the same exact thing my 2 stroke PWC did when the limiter crapped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts