Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out what is wrong with this four wheeler. If it's cold it will start with one hit from the electric start and run like a champ. But if I shut it off and let it sit for about 10-15 mins. it just flat out does not want to start hot. Actually most of the time it will not start hot but if I get a jumper box I can crank on it enough to start.

Any Suggestions ?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
527 Posts
First I would have to ask if you have checked the compression? Have you checked to see if it has good spark? Did you check to see if is getting fuel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting spark and fuel. It will run fine all day at the river til I shut it off . It just doesn't want to start hot, when it does it takes alot of cranking.

What should the compression be ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i'm pretty sure I'm only getting 80psi. Does that sound possible would it even run with that low of compression. If it is I guess that means I need a top end rebuild.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I need a top end rebuild how do I know if I have to bore the cylinder or not. I would feel comfortable with honing the cylinder. But how do I know if I can just hone it?

·
Registered
527 Posts
It is not uncommon for these 250 machines to run with low compression but will not re fire until they are cooled down again. A complete Wiseco piston kit with piston, rings wrist pin, top end bearing and gaskets are 173.00 and the cylinder bore is 65.00. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] or call 651-340-1129.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts