i have fresh fuel and new plug
Im getting spark and gas on plug

Now here is what ive done:
New plug and Fresh fuel
rebuilt top end i used the stock piston and bought stock 72mm rings
i bought gasket kit for top end
rebuilt carb with carb kit
ive used jumper cables and tried jumping

When i bought the atv a few weeks ago it was hard to start and would run good for 20 minutes and die and i would have to wait ten minutes and it would fire back up, and the recoil area was filling full of gas, so i rebuilt carb and it would fire right up also gas in the recoil area stopped but after 20 minutes of riding it would die like when i first got it, so i tore top end down replaced the rings and put it all back together and now it only back fires out the carb...what is happening?? im told it could be crank seals any other ideas??
Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I tried pulling the pull start it back fired so hard it blew the carb off... What the help is going on???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been told by a Polaris expert that the timing is electronic and there's no way to Ness with it, I do know that my stator side crank seal is bad cause there was gas in my recoil area so its tore apart right now waiting on my new crank seal to be delivered so hopefully that will get it running again.

As far as timing goes I do have 3 marks on my flywheel but when I did the rebuild I only took piston off and left the crank arm the piston connects to on so I don't see how my timing could have been messed with, but I picked up new spark plugs and my crank seal will be delivered soon so ill post results
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts