Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi did not know if someone could help me. I picked up a 1998 xplorer two weeks ago for a spear machine so when my brother in-law comes down. The gas leaks out of the overflow i took the carb. apart last weekend and cleaned it thought it was fixed.When we all went to go for a ride last night i see it was still leaking and it would not start almost like it was not getting any fire. im going to the parts store this morning to get a neddle and seat. I have a 2012 sportsman 400 my husband has a 2013 sportsman. i let my brother inlaw used my new one and i take the 1998.i did not know if some one could help me on just what i need for parts for this so i can go riding to today.
Thank you for any help Lori

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Unless you have a float that is sinking(hole in it) or sticking, the needle valve and seat should fix it. On original equip. After time, The needle valve gets a wear ring around it and will not seal, replacement is the only option. If the dealer doesn't have your part ,you can usually get a carb. rebuild kit online complete for cheaper. Moose makes a good kit. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your replay. went to the dealer this morning got a needle and seat put it in. started it up a lot of gas came out of the exhaust. seems to run fine just got back from our trip hope in the morning their will be no gas on the floor. thanks again Lori

1 - 3 of 3 Posts